Cozumel here we come ... again ....  

Posted by Bade Millsap

Well, rather than initiate a separate web log for the Cozumel trip I decided to just include it here; after all, Cozumel dive trips for us while "mucho fun" are much more in the normal scheme of things than an Alaska or Mediterranean cruise.

We depart for Cozumel on Tuesday (7/1/2008) at 7:10AM on American #1228, through DFW and hopefully arrive in Cozumel around 1:05PM. We will boogie off the plane and go through customs, then pick up the bags (always a stressful point in traveling for me) and then take one of the "vans" over to Villa Tan Kah. With luck we should be settled in our room between 2PM and 2:30PM ... we will plan to do a quick weight check shore dive after the boat traffic at the dock has died down, make a trip into town via taxi for groceries and probably catch dinner at that point ... just have to see how badly our plans go awry ...

I will be taking the ASUS computer with me as a shakedown trip for the Alaska adventure ... the last time we were in Coz I verified that wifi was available at Tan Kah ... if that is still the case I should be able to have regular reliable internet access during this stay ... hope that works out ...

Scott will be keeping an eye on the house and the cats while we are gone ... and we are always grateful he can help us with that chore ... makes leaving home with a house full of cats a little less stressful.

Our cell phones DO (or DID last time) work in Cozumel so if we need to be contacted you can leave a message on them ... we will try to check at least once a day and as I say I "PLAN" to have regular internet access this trip so email should be good as well.

We will TRY to make contact with Brandi & Steven via gmail messaging and/or skype while we are there but we may not always be back from the morning dive when they are at the school's computers ... will just have to see how that works out.

I'll do my best to post a couple of times at least while we are there ... and if all goes really well maybe some pictures too!!

Adios!!!!!!!!
Bade

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at Saturday, June 28, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I hope we can stay connected while you are in Mexico...looks like we will both be celebrating the 4th abroad this year!

June 30, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Well, it sounds like you have it all planned very well! It is always interesting to see how plans end up changing through the course of things. We look forward to trying stay connected Cozumel a Guadalajara!

June 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Post a Comment