Zach's Toy Box ...  

Posted by Bade Millsap

Well I believe "it is finished!" ... to borrow a phrase.

I put the final finish coat on Zach's toy box today and I have to say I'm fairly pleased with the outcome. Besides the aromatic cedar I used redwood from the old pool deck for the base and handles (which is the same wood I used for my big deck chair, my TV tray that I use every day, Carolyn's quilt rack and Carolyn's outdoor swing) so it has SOME family history in it's makeup and I used white oak that is part of the batch I will use to build the new baby crib for the lid and hinge reinforcements ... hopefully that will give it a little "heirloom" countenance in the future.

Here are a few pics of the finished product.

From Zach's Toy Box


From Zach's Toy Box


From Zach's Toy Box


From Zach's Toy Box

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at Sunday, October 12, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

looks excellent, and a great color!

October 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM

wowza - it is beautiful! a truly talented woodcraftsman's work.

October 12, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Post a Comment