The Crib is finished and ready for "delivery" ....  

Posted by Bade Millsap

... and the new Grand Baby will be delivered shortly as well ...

Well ... after what seems like an eternity ... the "crib" part of this project is finished and will be delivered to it's new home next week ... I still have the rail for the "toddler bed" and the footboard for the "full bed" to make but those aren't under the time crunch the crib portion was. So .... deep breath ... hold ... exhale slowly ... again ... ahhhhhhhhhhh ....

The pictures here show the finished crib in both it's "undressed" and "dressed" states ... the "dressed" state shown here is using "store bought" accoutrement's vs the beautiful handmade quilts and blankets from grandmothers, great-grandmothers and friends with which it will be ultimately adorned.

For the interested woodworkers viewing, I used this Crib plan on Rockler and then modified it substantially to suit my particular taste.

So ... here's the photo's

UNDRESSED

From The Crib


From The Crib


From The Crib


and ...

DRESSED

From The Crib


From The Crib


I have to say I am very happy with the results ...

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 at Sunday, February 08, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

WOW - it looks AMAZING! VERY well done, dad! I have to say, I looked through your Picassa pictures, and it goes backwards, so I watched it being UNmade! HAHA... It looks beautiful and will surely be a treasure to pass along. And with time to spare!

February 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM

The novice bow hunter gets "blooded" with his first kill.
There is a roughly analogous moment in the career of a new grandfather but it is not blood that is in play. Having seen it up close, it IS an instant heirloom.

February 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM

i think its absoulutly gorgeous!

February 9, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Post a Comment