Well Christmas is over and March is coming sooner than one might think ... March 17 being the expected due date of the newest addition to the Millsap clan.
That of course means I need to get my tail into a higher gear to get the promised Baby Crib finished before said addition arrives and has nowhere to lay his or her sleepy head ...
I have made some measurable progress to that end ... the "gate" and the "headboard" or "back side" rails and slats have all been cut and fitted with mortise/tenon joints ... the pictures here are simply dry set up (no glue) to see if I have things laid out properly ... this being my first "mission style" (also called arts & craft style) furniture I have had a fairly steep learning curve on the mortise/tenon joints but after the first 20 or so it gets easier.
Next I have to make the "ends" of the cribs (7 slats in each so 28 more mortise/tenon joints yet to make ... sigh ... ) and then I can start the detail work of edge softening and finally assembly ... still many hours of shop time to go but ... hey ... I've got ... uh .... oh crap!!! ... 80 or less days ...
Gate on Left Headboard on Right
![]() |
| From The Crib |
Gate
![]() |
| From The Crib |
Headboard
![]() |
| From The Crib |


