Still kickin' in "SLO" but getting ready for the trip home ...  

Posted by Bade Millsap

For those following my Lutherie web log you know I've been pretty focused for the last several days and basically dead dog tired when I get back to the hotel from "camp" and writing up that daily log. The folks at camp seem to really appreciate my dailies and so I've really tried to do that before crashing ... also I sadly have not adjusted to the time zone change and so am typically waking up sometime between 4am and 5am pacific time each morning ... makes for a long day.

The hotel we are staying at in "SLO" (pronounced "slow" and local shorthand for San Luis Obispo) is really very nice ... a suite with king bed, bath, "living room" with sink, microwave, fridge and bar, table, chairs, sofa and bar ... more than enough room for the week.

Carolyn has been chauffeuring me to the camp each morning ... we get up, she has breakfast supplied by the hotel (waffles, sweet roll, toast , juice ceral ...) and we leave around 7:30AM ... it's about 20 miles to Roger's house and takes about 20 minutes ...

While I'm at camp Carolyn has done some needle work and a bit of exploring around SLO ... it's a pretty college town (Cal Poly) of around 45,000 people nestled along the Pacific coast in very scenic rolling hills.

Since my meals are included in the camp price Carolyn has been having lunch and dinner alone and I feel bad about that but tonight (Thursday) she joined us at the camp for pizza.

After dinner tonight Carolyn and I drove back to the hotel (we got out early tonight) and took the trolley right out our hotel door to the "Farmer's Market" downtown SLO ... the trolley was a pricey 25cents per person each way ... the Farmers Market has been held here on Thursdays for the past 35 years or so and is basically a combination of the typical hill country farmers market where you can buy fresh produce and Night In Old San Antonio during Fiesta ... they block off a very long main street and vendors set up booths selling everything from strawberries and onions to psychic readings ... I took a few pictures and will post them later ...we bought some strawberries and cherry tomatoes and a bag of kettle korn popcorn and headed back on the trolley to the hotel ...

My lutherie camp will be over about 3:30PM tomorrow and we will stay the night in SLO and drive to Las Vegas starting early Saturday morning ... we will be staying at the Mirage and from there Sunday morning we will drive West to the Grand Canyon ...

We are having fun and look forward to being home ...

Bade

This entry was posted on Friday, October 09, 2009 at Friday, October 09, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment