Carolyn and I have long had an affinity for antiquing and specifically we like American antiques that are 'golden oak' . Recently we have started going to antique auctions in the area seeking treasures and discovering that we have paid way way too much for some of the things we have purchased over the years in 'antique stores' ... auctions are definitely more fun and CAN BE much better 'price performers' ... and besides ... I LIKE TO BID!!!
Anyway Carolyn had been looking for a "highboy chest of drawers" for Zoey's room for some while now and at a recent auction we bought ... this ...
The top drawer was just out as I was testing my refinish technique .... so with a little elbow grease and some
stripper and tung oil ... we ended up with ...
We are happy with the way it turned out ... I'm sure when she is about 13 Zoey will wish she had a "new" chest of drawers but hopefully someone will manage to convince her this is better!!
This entry was posted
on Sunday, June 27, 2010
at Sunday, June 27, 2010
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.