Since we have been frequenting antique auctions I have been on the lookout for a "cheval mirror" to go in Zoey's room ... I finally found one for a pretty cheap price that LOOKED like it had potential ... sadly I can't locate the "before" pictures I am sure I took but basically the mirror frame was stained almost black and it was mounted on a white pine wood very sad looking frame. The good part was the glass is beveled and the price was right (no one wanted to bid on it and I got it for a good price).
The pictures here-in show just a couple of shots of the frame as I started to build it and then the finished product ... the frame wood is from the same stash I used to build Zoey's crib. I removed the old finish from the mirror and discovered this was not a "cheval mirror" to begin with but rather a wall hung mirror someone had cobbled up and stuck in a floor standing frame ... oh well ... I'm pretty pleased with the end result and I hope Zoey enjoys it as she matures into the "fashionista" I am sure she will become.
The beginnings of the frame:
The finished product:
I added some butterfly ornaments
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, August 25, 2010
at Wednesday, August 25, 2010
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.