...well that seems to be the case today after noon and until we leave
tomorrow at any rate. All of the other guests left for home this
morning and there will not be new arrivals until Friday so basically we
have the entire Villa Tan Kah resort to ourselves. In fact, the owners,
managers and maids have all left as well ... I think the night time
security guard will come on duty later this evening but basically we are
alone at the resort for the time being.
Since today is a non-diving day for us we took a taxi around 8:30am
down to the "Museum of the island Cozumel" ... which oddly enough
besides being a rather interesting museum ... is also home to a very
good restaurant that serves a very good breakfast. Since breakfast is
supplied by the resort and we are generally in a hurry to get prepared
to board the dive boats, breakfast usually consists of some yogurt and
cheerios ... today we splurged and had bacon and eggs and french toast
... we WILL pay for that when we get on the scales back home.
After breakfast we walked down the main street for a while. Carolyn
bought Zach a t-shirt and I tasted several high dollar tequilas. I
didn't buy any because I don't want to deal with adding weight to my
already borderline heavy checked bag and my carry on will be just as
stuffed as it was coming in. But, I did enjoy the samples.
At a little after 4PM today we made instant message contact with Brandi
and confirmed that they had made it back safe and sound from their
tequila tour weekend.
We also received an email from Mel confirming that the house was still
intact after 4th of July and we had even gotten SOME rain at the house.
All very good news!!
We plan to revisit the Chinese restaurant again tonight and then get
packed to head to the airport about 11:30AM tomorrow ...flight is
scheduled to depart at 2:05PM ... and we have a 6 hour layover in Dallas
for no good reason I can offer other than that was the cheapest
roundtrip routing I could find. Should get into San Antonio around
midnight.
Nothing else of note to report ... been fun and the weather has been
perfect.
Bade